I will be talking about some amazing inventions of the 21st century that were actually protected by science fiction movies, back in the 20th century. There have been a lot of movies and TV shows that had some very interesting technology that they predicted. Well, these are now a reality, because of the many advancements in technology. Down below, I have listed out a couple that will actually blow your mind.
- Picture phones were actually predicted back in the year 1964. There were a lot of predictions about personal technology and, they are now a reality, because these devices let us talk to people who are on the other side of the planet, for free.
- Full body scans were predicted in the 1990 film called ‘Total Recall’, and they are now a reality. They were first introduced in the year 2016, and, they are equipped with scanning technology that will scan your entire body. You will find them in a lot of airports. Airports make use of them to make sure that people do not have any guns or knives in their bodies.
- Flying was predicted back in the 18th century. Flying became a reality decades ago, and, there are commercial flights that depart every single minute, all across the world. You can get to the other side of the planet within a matter of hours, because of the advancements in flight technology.
- Google glass was actually predicted in the Star Trek series. Now, Google glass is a reality, and it has a virtual display which is basically a tiny screen, that is right in front of your eyes.
- The lunar landing was actually predicted, way before the year 1969. Well, we all knew it was going to happen. We just didn’t know when. Astronauts finally landed on the moon in the year 1969, making the whole world proud. It was certainly a giant leap for mankind.
- The Mars missions were predicted back in the year 1926. These missions have been becoming a reality lately, because that was a very successful mission to Mars, recently, because of the Perseverance Rover, which was launched by NASA. It was certainly a very proud moment for mankind, because they were successfully able to launch a rocket and send it to another planet. This rover has been sending 4K images and videos, back to Earth. We are finally able to see what the red planet has to offer to mankind in a couple of years.
- Self-driving cars were also predicted 50 years ago. Now, self-driving cars are just as real as the coronavirus pandemic. As you know, Tesla is at the forefront of self-driving vehicles.