A critique is certainly a genre of academic writing which briefly summarise it and also evaluates the work that is provided by someone. It can be an evaluation of food, clothes, someone’s behaviour, someone’s effort or anything that a person wants evaluated. Critics are people who carefully analyse a huge variety of work like creative works like novels, films, images, poetry, exhibits, news reports, articles and more.
Just like an essay, a critique is basically something that uses a very formal and academic writing style and, it has a very clear structure which has an introduction, body and a conclusion, very similar to an article. However, the body is something that will have a huge summary of the work and a detailed evaluation. The purpose of any evaluation is to basically gauge the usefulness and also the impact of the work in a particular field.
Why exactly do we write critiques?
Well, we write critics to actually judge a person’s efforts. The knowledge of the work in a subject area or related work is very important. That needs to be some sort of hierarchy when it comes to important work. It is also used to understand the purpose of someone’s work and what kind of audience deserves to read or experience their work. It is also used to develop an argument, structure or even any evidence of creative style. It is also used for the recognition of the strength and weakness of the work.
There is a huge variety of ways that you can actually structure a particular critic review. You should always make sure that you check your unit material, or even a blackboard site for proper guidance from the lecturer. In this template, I will be providing some main features of critique writing.
- The name of the work that is being reviewed and the date that it was created, must be included.
- There must also be a proper description of the main argument and the purpose of the work.
- The entire content must be explained, and you should also include how the work was created.
- There must be some context and relation between the work and the life experience of the creator.
- A concluding sentence is certainly essential.
- You should briefly summarise all of the main points and, you should objectively describe how exactly the creator would portray these by using techniques, media, characters, symbols and styles. The summary is certainly essential and, it should not only focus on the critiqued material, but it should also focus on the proper evaluation.
- Critical evaluation is definitely important. A critical evaluation is not something that only highlights the negative impressions; it should also construct the work and properly identify the strengths and weaknesses.